1. VERTICAL TASTING OF 5 EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OILS FROM THE FOLLOWING 5 REGIONS OF CRETE: KOLYMBARI, MYLOPOTAMOS, ARCHANES, NEAPOLI, SITIA.
First there will be a brief introduction to olive oil in Crete (olive varieties, production methods, acidity levels, etc.). This is followed by a discussion on “How to Taste Olive Oil (The “Four S’s”) and what to look for when tasting; what organoleptic traits are desirable and undesirable. The tastings will take place in groups of 4: each of the 5 olive oils will be on a table along with paximadi, green apple slices and sparkling water for palate cleansers and each guest will have tasting spoons to taste the oils.
2. TASTING AND DISCUSSION OF NEW FLAVORED EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OILS, INCLUDING SUGGESTIONS FOR USE. (citrus-based, herb-based, truffle and lastly chocolate or vanilla).
3. TASTING OF OLIVES AND OLIVE-BASED PRODUCTS SUCH AS TAPENADES, CHUTNEY, OLIVE MARMELADE and OLIVE SPOON SWEET.
DURATION: 1.5 HOURS
PRICE (4-10 pax): 11,50 € per person
PRICE (11-16 pax): 10 € per person
Price Includes: Tasting of all products, Palate Cleansers, Tasting Notes and 10% discount on ALL olive products in the store.
1. TASTING OF 8-10 CRETAN CHEESES FROM ALL PARTS OF THE ISLAND, ACCOMPANIED BY A SELECTION OF DIFFERENT OLIVES, CHUTNEYS AND MARMALADES THAT PAIR WELL WITH THE CHEESES, ALONG WITH A BASKET OF TRADITIONAL RUSKS AND BREADSTICKS.
The cheeses will include Graviera (young and mature), Kefalograviera, Myzithra/Xinomyzithra, Staka, Smoked Kefalotiri, Anthotiro and if available, Piktogalo and/or Tyrozouli. There will be a brief history of cheese-making in Crete, followed by an introduction to the production of the various types of cheese and finally how and when the cheeses are most traditionally used.
2. TASTING OF SOME CHEESE MEZE AND CHEESE DESSERTS
As a nice ending to the Cheese tour, we will bring out a platter of our Bakaliko Saganaki, Cheese-filled pitakia and finally some sweet cheese pies with honey and some raki and our signature myzithra mousse.
DURATION: 1-1.5 HOURS (Including time to shop)
PRICE (4-10 pax): 15 € per person
PRICE (11-16 pax): 13 € per person
Price Includes: Tasting of all products, Tasting Notes and 10% discount on ALL cheeses and chutneys/marmalades in the store.
1. TASTING LUNCHEON CONSISTING OF 5 SPECIALLY SELECTED WINES CAREFULLY CHOSEN TO MATCH WITH A WIDE ASSORTMENT OF ARTISANAL CHEESES, AS WELL AS SOME TRADITIONAL CRETAN CHARCUTERIE.
A landmark for any gourmand traveler, this classic tasting of one of the most pleasurable food & drinks partnerships, has been designed as a fun and informative way to spend a meal in Archanes learning about Cretan wines and cheeses. Our expert will guide you through this tasting lunch and show you how to create relationships where the cheese and wine bring out the best in each other.
DURATION: 1.5-2 HOURS (Including time to shop)
PRICE (4-10 pax): 25 € per person
PRICE (11-20 pax): 22 € per person
Price Includes: Lunch with 5 wines/minimum 5 cheeses/charcuterie/ bread & rusks, Tasting Notes and 10% discount on ALL cheeses, charcuterie and wines in the store.